Aug 29, 2008

Beach Trip Part 1

We had a great time at the beach. We went to Ft. Walton Beach Florida and enjoyed lots of fun in the sun. The kids loved it. We all had an AWESOME time.
We stopped at the Zoo on the way to the beach. The kids enjoyed all of the animals. We saw a huge hippo and everytime Matt walked by him holding Leighton the hungry hippo opened his mouth. It was a bit freaky. Anna Claire said "I think he wants to eat Lay Lay." I think she was right. Here is the hippo ready for some lunch! :)




We talked about the beach SO much before we left, got pedicures and did a lot of shopping, etc to prepare for the trip, so AC was more than excited before we ever arrived in Fl. I loved her expression we she first saw the beach. She has been now 3 times, but I guess she didn't really remember it. We skipped last year since Lay was born in May. So she was only 2 the last time she went. Her eyes got huge and full of excitement. Priceless.
The picture below is from 2006 when she was two. I love my boys! Anna Claire with her mermaid tail daddy made her!
Eating breakfast on the balcony!Running on the beach with Grandpa

Every time we go to Ft. Walton we go to this wonderful little local resturant called Rick's Crab Trap. The fish and seafood are fabulous. They have a little outdoor dock where you can feed the fish, which is always fun.


The meal was yummy!




Anna Claire had fun going crabbing. She found this tiny little glow in the dark crab (so we called it). It really did glow, it was pretty neat. She was so proud to hold it and be so brave unlike me. I would NEVER!

Matt and his dad getting ready to go crabbing. What a pair!
Anna Claire and Daddy in the hole they dug.

There is nothing more precious to me than watching my kids play together on the beach. I will always remember the excitement and the warm fuzzy feeling it gave me. What a beautiful site.

To be continued.......

No comments: